[Marshall, Texas, June 5, 2020]
Effective Monday, June 8, 2020, Marshall city leaders will open the following city buildings and services to citizens. This decision aligns the city with the latest Executive Order GA-26 from Governor Greg Abbott.
- Outdoor public events less than 500 people
- City park playgrounds and basketball courts
- Marshall Visual Art Center – Only paid renters of art cages will be allowed access
- City Hall Community & Economic Development Department for permits and code enforcement
The City of Marshall will hold City Commission meetings utilizing a video and audio conferencing tool, as well as a standard conference call. Instructions and direct links to view meetings or speak during Citizen Comment are at http://www.marshalltexas.net.
The City of Marshall urges all citizens to follow Governor Abbott’s Standard Health Protocols.
- All businesses should continue to follow the minimum standing of health protocol for DSHS. For details and a full list of guidelines, please visithttp://open.texas.gov.
- Individuals are encouraged to wear appropriate face coverings.
- People should not be in groups higher than ten when possible.
- People over the age of 65 are encouraged to stay at home as much as possible.
- People shall avoid nursing homes, state-supported living centers, assisting living facilities, or long-term care facilities.
GIVE US YOUR FEEDBACK. CLICK ON “COMMENT” TO TELL US WHAT YOU THINK or use one of the alternative methods for providing feedback.