By George Smith
Okay, this is getting out of hand. Keep it real to be believed.
When Ivanka Trump decided to defend her dad from the resolution approved Thursday by House Democrats formalizing the impeachment process, she relied on former President Thomas Jefferson for help.
The first daughter and White House adviser tweeted a quote from the third president to his daughter Martha about the hazards of life in Washington:
“…surrounded by enemies and spies catching and perverting every word that falls from my lips or flows from my pen, and inventing where facts fail them.”
She added, “Some things never change, dad!”
Okay! Whoa! Maybe, just maybe, FDOTUS has a point., Maybe Trump and Jefferson have some similarities.
1. Both stated they wanted to make America great.
2. Both had mistresses.
3. Jefferson owned slaves; Trump makes slaves of followers.
4. Both openly fought with economists and politicians in their terms.
5. Both had a “Muslim” problem.
6. Both were/are extremely impulsive; Jefferson bought “Louisiana” on a whim, Trump wanted to buy Greenland.
7. Both men have been called “the best” and “the worst” that America has to offer.
8. Behind their facades (or in front of them), both men can be labeled as confirmed “hypocrites” and “racists.”
9. Jefferson had a major problem with Native Americans, mirroring Trump’s problem with immigrants that don’t fit his image of what America should look like, demographically.
10. Both initiated attacks on the judiciary…for diverse reasons, bit still….
11. Both questioned the legitimacy of a federal judge.
12. Both are of the common thought that Americans are superior in every way from other countries.
13. They have a similar number of body parts and both an IQ. Jefferson was fluent in six languages, including Old English. Trump has trouble with basic English and thinks Old English is Queen Elizabeth.
See! Ivanka is right.