(J. Harris: Nice little civilian magazine with numerous pertinent, understandable articles. The articles I read, I agreeded with.)
How Long Does An Omicron Infection Last in the Body?
”…people were most infectious with Omicron three to six days after symptom onset. However, it’s important to note that they can be contagious before that, and that not everyone will develop symptoms…Another study on Delta and Omicron infections in the NBA found that on average, Omicron infections lasted for about 10 days, while Delta infections lasted for about 11 days.2 Whether or not the difference in timeframe could be attributed to characteristics of the variants themselves, or to factors like vaccinations and natural immunity was unclear, according to the researchers….the severity of Delta and Omicron hospitalizations were comparable for people admitted to the hospital, but that people with Omicron appeared less likely to be admitted to the hospital to begin with…Still, experts say there’s not a big difference between an Omicron infection and a Delta infection…”…[ROUTINE] COVID-19 testing doesn’t show you which variant you have—that data is only for the sake of public health surveillance, and it wouldn’t change your treatment protocol at this time anyway…”
1. Nearly 86% of U.S. COVID caused by BA.2 Omicron subvariant -CDC
”…The BA.2 Omicron subvariant of the coronavirus is now responsible for 86% of U.S. COVID-19 cases and more than 90% of infections in the Northeast, according to data on Tuesday from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)….For the week ending April 2, BA.2 made up 75.4% of the variants identified in the country, up from a previous estimate of 72.2%, according to CDC estimates…”
1. COVID-19 cases up in 26 states, hospitalizations up in 10
2. WHO monitoring ‘sister variants’ of omicron: 4 notes
1. MORE ABOUT THE NEW VARIANTS: NEW OMICRON SUBVARIANTS The WHO is tracking cases of 2 new sublineages of the Omicron variant, adding BA.4 and BA.5 to the monitoring list alongside BA.1, BA1.1, BA.3, and the globally dominant BA.2. Dr. Tulio de Oliveira, Director of the Centre for Epidemic Response & Innovation (CERI) in South Africa, tweeted about the presence of BA.4 and BA.5 in South Africa, one of the first countries to identify the original Omicron variant in November 2021. The series of tweets said the sublineages have been found in samples from Botswana, Belgium, Germany, and the UK but not yet caused a rise in cases in South Africa. BA.4 and BA.5 have mutations on their spike proteins similar to BA.2, in addition to several other mutations. De Oliveira said that where the subvariants differ from each other is in amino acid mutations outside of the spike protein and work is underway to further characterize the 2 Omicron sublineages.
2. HOW TO GET THE COMMUNITIES WASTEWATER TESTED FOR VARIANTS
“He has never been known to use a word that might send a reader to the dictionary.”-William Faulkner (about Ernest Hemingway)
“Poor Faulkner. Does he really think big emotions come from big words?”- Ernest Hemingway (about William Faulkner)
“Thank you for sending me a copy of your book; I’ll waste no time reading it.” – Moses Hadas
GIVE US YOUR FEEDBACK. CLICK ON “COMMENT” TO TELL US WHAT YOU THINK or use one of the alternative methods for providing feedback.
Click here to submit feedback. Let us know what you think.
Click here to go to the iExposed.us youtube channel
Click here to go to the iExposed.us website
P.O. Box 721