Just Announced: 4th Jab available for those >50.
Covid Live Updates: F.D.A. Authorizes Second Boosters for Those 50 and Older and Some Immunocompromised People
”Federal regulators authorized second booster shots of the Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna coronavirus vaccines on Tuesday for everyone 50 and older.
The agency said the additional shot can be given at least four months after a first booster for both for those 50 and older and those with weakened immune systems…”
FROM THE MARSHALL NEWS MESSENGER:
FROM NYT TODAY:
Coronavirus deaths in the U.S. fall to their lowest point since the summer.
”…Fewer than 800 coronavirus deaths are being reported each day in the United States, the lowest daily average since before the Omicron variant took hold late last fall. The last time the rate was this low was in mid-August, according to a New York Times database….The World Health Organization reported last week that the BA.2 subvariant that is helping to drive another surge of coronavirus cases in Europe is now the dominant version of Omicron around the world…In late February, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention created an online tool that shows Americans whether their area is at high, medium or low community risk for the coronavirus. On Monday, only 53 of the roughly 3,000 U.S. counties were categorized as high risk.
1. COVID-19 cases up in 10 states
2. States ranked by hospital beds per 1,000 population
1. Morgue Data Hint At Covid’s True Toll In Africa (Nature) Almost one-third of more than 1,000 bodies taken to a morgue in Lusaka in 2020 and 2021 tested positive for SARS-CoV-2, implying that many more people died of COVID-19 in Zambia’s capital than official numbers suggest1. Some scientists say that the findings further undermine the ‘African paradox’, a narrative that the pandemic was less severe in Africa than in other parts of the world. This idea arose after health experts noticed that sub-Saharan nations were reporting lower case numbers and fewer COVID-19 deaths than might be expected. But researchers say that the findings from Zambia could reflect a broader truth — that a deficit of testing and strained medical infrastructure have masked COVID-19’s true toll on the continent. The findings have not yet been peer reviewed. Ignoring the true extent of COVID-19 in Lusaka and beyond “is so wrong. People were ill. They’ve had their families destroyed,” says co-author Christopher Gill, a global-health specialist at Boston University in Massachusetts. One of his colleagues in Zambia died of COVID-19 while working on the project.
2. Covid Vaccinations — Including Boosters — Fall To Lowest Levels Since 2020 (Washington Post) With another pandemic surge possibly on the way, vaccination for the coronavirus in the United States has all but ground to a halt, with initial doses and boosters plummeting to the lowest levels since the program began in late December 2020. On Wednesday, the seven-day average of vaccinations fell to fewer than 182,000 per day, according to data compiled by The Washington Post. That is lower than at any time since the first days of the program. The daily total has been in free fall for the past six weeks. On Feb. 10, the nation was averaging more than 692,000 shots a day. Booster shots have been more common than first or second doses since October, and the low rates have long caused concern among some experts.
CURRENT BOOSTER DATA: (NYT)
WOW! WE ARE CARELESS IN HARRISON COUNTY: ONLY 40% OF THOSE OVER 65 HAVE HAD THEIR 3RD JAB, AND SOON, 4TH JABS WILL BE AVAILABLE
(AND ALREADY ARE AVAILABLE FOR “IMMUNOSUPPRESSED” PEOPLE > 65).
BUT THE ENTIRE US IS ALSO CARELESS:
DISTRIBUTION OF OMICRON BA.2 s of 28 MARCH
FROM ANNALS OF INTERNAL MEDICINE:
1. Masks for Prevention of Respiratory Virus Infections, Including SARS-CoV-2, in Health Care and Community Settings
(J. Harris: Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa, and he wears a mask because THEY WORK.)
2. Implementation of a SARS-CoV-2 Genotyping Panel for Prompt Omicron Variant Identification: A Pragmatic Tool for Clinical Laboratories
(J. Harris: New tests for variants are being developed and utilized — I’ll take their word for it because I don’t understand the article.)
GIVE US YOUR FEEDBACK. CLICK ON “COMMENT” TO TELL US WHAT YOU THINK or use one of the alternative methods for providing feedback.
Click here to submit feedback. Let us know what you think.
Click here to go to the iExposed.us youtube channel
Click here to go to the iExposed.us website
P.O. Box 721