March 26, 2020
Positive case of Coronavirus found in Harrison County
1. MARSHALL NEWS MESSENGER: THERE ARE SEVERAL IMPORTANT ARTICLES IN TODAYS LOCAL PAPER https://www.marshallnewsmessenger.com/eedition/page-a/page_b8e5f95f-a4ea-5d97-9ede-7b0796715ebc.html#utm_source=marshallnewsmessenger.com&utm_campaign=%2Fnewsletters%2Flists%2Feedition%2F%3F-dc%3D1585216802&utm_medium=email&utm_content=image
2. Protecting health care workers is essential, and despite increases in production, we cannot avoid the reality that demand for N95 respirator masks and other personal protective equipment (PPE) will continue to exceed supply for the near future. We must conserve masks and other protective equipment now, so that clinicians can be protected later.
3. Can people become immune? It’s one of the most pressing questions: Do people who recover from Covid-19 develop immunity to the virus? So far, evidence points to a qualified yes. But a lot is still unknown. For instance: Do the antibodies give lifelong immunity — as with polio or measles — or is the protection narrow and likely to fade, as with antibodies for colds and the flu? (My best guess is some imperfect immunity will be conved to the infected, most of whom are without symptoms or apparent illness—especially children). JHarrisMD
4. FYI Madrid is converting an ice rink into a makeshift morgue, as Spain’s case count nears 48,000. The country has recorded more than 3,400 deaths linked to the coronavirus, second most in the world after Italy. In NY City they are using refrigerated trucks.
5. A Verizon Web Site said to help local business: https://www.verizon.com/pay-it-forward-live/?sourceID=SmartLink&cmp=EMC_SLNON_IN_APP_COVID-19_PAYINGFORWARD_20200325&medium=SMS&campaignName=COVID-19+-+Paying+Forward+-+SMS+-+20200325&campaignGroup=General&campaignSource=CRM&extSystemTransactionId=SL-D4135836-2A5E-4958-BB6A-6D53AB433D6F
6. A ventilator rationing article/video from WSJ sent by R. Anderson: video will play without a subscription to the paper.
7. This appears to be a good article on treatment and vaccines in development. I don’t know anything about the web site, but I believe it to be reliable. https://medium.com/@indica/the-latest-coronavirus-drugs-and-vaccines-748d367313ae The Latest Coronavirus Drugs and VaccinesIn two infographics
8. From Time Magazine: https://time.com/5805368/will-coronavirus-go-away-world-health-organization/ Will the Coronavirus Ever Go Away? Here’s What One of the WHO’s Top Experts Thinks:
would your message be for young people around the world? This is one of the most serious diseases you will face in your lifetime, and recognize that and respect it. It is dangerous to you as an individual. It is dangerous to your parents, to your grandparents and the elderly in particular and it is dangerous to your society in general. You are not an island in this, you are part of a broader community, you are part of transmission chains. If you get infected you are making this much more complicated and you are putting people in danger, not just yourself.
GIVE US YOUR FEEDBACK. CLICK ON “COMMENT” TO TELL US WHAT YOU THINK or use one of the alternative methods for providing feedback.